At least at one point in everybody’s life, we get unmotivated.
It happens all the time. Sometimes we just feel completely uninspired to do just one thing, and other times uninspired even to exist in general. Use this post to find inspiration to accomplish your goals, and to stay inspired for the rest of your days.
What even is inspiration, anyway?
When something is inspiring, it fills you with an animating influence to do something. If you are inspired, your very soul is touched and wants you to accomplish something wholeheartedly.
Easier said than done.
Keeping an Inspired state is incredibly difficult (Some might say impossible) to maintain. But that’s where I come in. Getting inspired and staying that way is a goal that everyone has, and I want to help you achieve it. Let’s get started with some steps on getting Inspired in the first place.
1. Start slow, take it easy
When looking for inspiration, remember to breathe and really reflect on what you want to do.
Don’t try and shove as much inspiration as possible into your head, try to let it flow. This is the starting point, all you have to do is be really open.
Notice what is happening around you, try to find something new and interesting in a regular setting.
You can focus on other things in your life while keeping an eye out for inspiration. By doing this you can also try to find something inspiring in what surrounds you. (Look for inspiration in nature, people, ideas, or even in yourself.)
2. Starting to Generate The Flow Of Inspiration
Try something new every day. Enrich yourself with new ideas to sprout your inspiration.
Get inspired by other people. Talk to someone about how they handled a situation on about their perspective on a subject.
3. Finding Your Idea
Write down ideas that you thought of before (When you started keeping an eye out for inspiration in the very beginning)
Use what we have been doing in steps 1 & 2 to think up things you could do to kickstart your inspiration and start having inspiration not only in your thoughts but in your actions as well.
Find an interesting Idea. Think about what you are passionate about.
4. Envision Your Idea & Make It Happen!
One you find an idea that makes your soul spark, stop and spend time envisioning exactly what you want to do with it. (if you can, write it down)
The next step is simple: Make your Idea happen!
Now let’s get talking about the hard part: staying inspired.
Now that you have gotten your inspiration, here are some ways you can keep on being the motivated and inspired person you are now.
- When the going gets tough, never quit. Don’t just abandon something, but if you feel overwhelmed, it is ok to leave it and come back to it later.
- Exercise your creativity regularly.
- Set goals and work hard to achieve them.
- Spend time around art and creative things.
- Every day, do something brand new.
- Spend time around things you are passionate about.
- Carry a notebook/sketchbook wherever you go to jot down inspiring ideas, express your creativity, remind yourself of your goals, or to read inspirational reminders.
- REMEMBER-Inspiration can be found everywhere and in everyone. Look for inspiration in your everyday life and you will find it.
And finally, what would be an inspirational post without some inspirational quotes? Below are some fantastic quotes to get you started on your inspirational journey.
I hope this guide helped you get inspired, and please let me know in the comments if you have any more tips or tricks on the subject of inspiration!
Have an inspiring day,